1. Teach the new vocabulary (numbers to 10) students need to complete the activity.
2. Show images of people eating in diﬀerent ways, eg. drinking from a bowl, using their hands, using chopsticks, using a knife and fork. Ask students if they’ve ever seen people on TV, in ﬁlms or in real life use these methods. Ask if anyone has tried any of these.
3. Give each student a pair of chopsticks and model how to use them. Students practice using their chopsticks to pick up items from their desks or around the classroom. Eg. a pencil, an eraser.
4. Teach the new vocabulary students need to complete the activity.
5. Introduce the Mission Director’s instructions and students complete the activity.